Personal favorites and best local adresses from Charles Zana in Crillon le Brave
Posted in Maisons Pariente
Our decorator, Charles Zana shares with us his personal favorites and best addresses in Provence.
1. Your favorite rooms?
Suites 33 and 34, located in the former chapel. Suite 7, also called La Sousto, which you rent as a private cottage.
2. Your favorite viewpoint at the hotel?
The view from the terrace of Suite 18, from which you can see the statue of Brave Crillon, one of the greatest fighters of the XVIth century who gave his name to the village, appear from the roofs.
At the gastronomic restaurant La Madeleine, the Langoustine, coconut, lemongrass and grapefruit. At La Table du Ventoux, the Royal seabream served with a celery variation and an emulsion of moutarde à l'ancienne.
4. Your favorite local market?
The market at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
5. Your adresses of local antique dealers?
Galerie 50 in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
6. Your favorite artist showcased at the hotel?
The painting from Claude Viallat displayed in the hotel's bar. The dimensions and yellow-orange hues blend perfectly the high vaulted space coated with natural lime.
7. A local restaurant?
The gastronomic restaurant from Château Lacoste.
8. A panoramic view or a hidden path that you remember in Provence?
The view from Mont Ventoux.
9. Your favorite activity in Crillon this summer?
A stroll in the fields and local villages.
10. Hike or bike?
11. Your favorite time of the day in Crillon?
Enjoy an aperitif on the terrace.
12. A treatment at the spa?
A Bamford Body Scrub.
13. Your favorite piece of decoration at the hotel?
The breakfast table which used to be a vintage chemical workshop table
14. A souvenir in Crillon le Brave?
The dinner we had with Leslie Kouhana and Kimberley Cohen at the end of the renovation work.
Our concierge team will be delighted to assist you in planning your escapes to discover Charles Zana's secret addresses.